Thursday, February 19, 2009

Friday, fun, yes

After a challenging beginning, this week has turned out to be quite the success -- and not just for me.

One of my best friends from college, I., landed two lead roles in productions at Harvard. At the end of March, he's going to be playing Hector in "The History Boys" (my favorite play!) and then he'll be playing Claudius in "Hamlet" (you know, also good). The news about this absolutely brightened my week.

Another highlight of the week has been hearing about the admissions process for the pilot program of Tajiran-e-Jawan ("Young Entrepreneurs") -- a project put together by my boyfriend, Z., and his friend, M., in Kabul. It was an astounding success, and the real program hasn't even started yet!

As for me, I'm looking forward to going to a contemporary Indian music concert tonight at the Purana Qila with my friend M and some of his buddies from an SIT program in Delhi.

And school has been great this week, but more on that later. I've got to run off and give my older students their first quiz!

No comments: